Sunday, March 31, 2013

Baby Shower Decorations and Banner

Andrea is having a baby in April so Katy and Amanda planned a shower to celebrate. The mission call banner came down and a baby welcome banner went up. It was a fun transformation since I made tissue pom poms in several colors to match baby's bedroom.


 The banner says, "Welcome baby girl Crockett". The pennants are sewn onto a long yellow satin ribbon. The letters are stamped onto paper, cut out and glued onto individual pennants. I added a silk yellow daisy to dot the 'I' in the word girl. I calculated how to cut the pennants from 12x12 paper utilizing the dimensions to my benefit. More pennants per page. The tissue pom poms were actually fun to make. I got four small poms from one package of ten count colored tissue. (a dollar at Hobby Lobby). I attached a doubled strand of curling ribbon to the center of each pom before I fluffed the tissue. Amanda tied the bows and tacked them each to the ceiling in varying lengths.


The results were so simple and easy that Andi decided she would use the decorations again at a baby shower given by the Crockett side of her family.


I like the effect of the trailing curling ribbon and flouncy bows.


It was a fun celebration with a lot of baby headband making and visiting. Andi received  a lot of expert advice from so many experienced young mothers. It was a perfect party thanks to all the wonderful guests.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I liked this post a lot. I shared it with my sister because she wants to organize a baby shower for her best friend. I have shortlisted a few good New York venues for her. I like to plan and manage things. Soon I am going to be a successful event manager.

    ReplyDelete