Saturday, February 23, 2013

Where In The World . . .

 . . . will Amanda be called?

    Amanda has submitted her papers to serve as a missionary for The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints. We have heard that her status is 'assigned'. Which means the mailman should be delivering a large envelope to her on Wednesday!

    Am I giddy? Just a bit. :)

    When Amanda officially opens this large envelope she hopes to celebrate the exciting moment with her friends and family. In other words it becomes a party! And this party requires some festive decor. Thus- the fun banner Amanda and I created and at this moment I am bragging about to the world (or whomever will look).

    Look! Look at our banner! We found various country flags at a local map place and cut triangle pennants from a travel atlas we purchased cheaply at Wal-mart. Stapled them alternately onto a long piece of jute. How simple and easy is that? I made the letters by stamping acrylic paint onto a piece of card stock with a foam alphabet stamp (Making Memories), allowing time to dry before I hand cut-out the letters. Then glued them onto the map pennants.

    I want to make invitations out of pages of the atlas folded like a map, but Amanda is nixing that idea. Silly mom! (I'm making a few anyway.)


No comments:

Post a Comment