Wednesday, January 16, 2013

(Paddle) Boating With The Hunny

This page uses several of my favorite simple techniques. I usually pen the journaling freehand and I don't feel comfortable with paper crafting unless the edges are inked. Inking the edges of paper is like adding mascara and eyeliner to a face . . . the makeup isn't complete without it. I like bits of blurb on a page- it just helps tell the story and creates a more personal touch by evoking sentiment. I am happy with the little subtle elements I was able to add such as cut out and inked clouds on top of the background paper which already had clouds. A bit of scalloped velvet ribbon on top of paper the same color. Yellow gems attached to yellow paper, wavy journaling following the curves of ric-rac. A string of banners the same color as the sky they flutter against. The photo itself was taken by moi with my trusty Sony Cyber-shot. I have told myself that I don't deserve to upgrade my camera until I have learned to utilize the features my current camera offers. Maybe by the year 2015 I will have earned that upgrade.   

No comments:

Post a Comment