Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pages Past

1984
 What I used to create this page: An old Polaroid photograph of my three oldest boys. Adorable red, white, and blue papers, Epiphany banner punch, embroidery floss for the stitching and banner, my favorite Sizzix rosette die, Epiphany circle punch, white gel pen, and gems for some added sparkle.

I Treasure You
 Ingredients for this lay out: A 5x7 photo of one blessed mom sandwiched by two adorable girls, gorgeous papers, a beautiful chip board bird on a branch, some stitching, sheer ribbons pleated by staples, vintage looking papers edges cut from more gorgeous papers and edged with ink.

Chip
 I love this page because it focuses on Amanda's award winning oil painting. An orange pen was chosen for the hand journaling to compliment the beautiful elements of the orange glass and it's reflection in the other glass pieces. The black and white patterned papers add to the simplicity while still imposing some artsy style to the page.

Derek & Andi Wedding
 Such a simple, yet elegant page using a bit of grosgrain ribbon, some tulle, a doily, a button, a pink pearl, a gold staple, a rub-on element and a few scattered gems. Hand journaling, a smidgen of doodling and fussy cutting add to the charm of this romantic memory.

I Love You, Bruce
 I love when I finish a page and the message is exactly what I meant to say from the beginning.

Real Life Happiness
 This is truly a 'hand made' page. Chalking, inking, hand journaling and doodles, rub-ons, hand cut paper and photo. The important elements are from the heart.

What memories of the past do you have which always brings a smile to your face?

It's a good day to scrap!
Love Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment